The rout happened, but for those watching at home, it didn’t happen until late in the 4th quarter. A game where the 49ers should have won big, they did. Again, it took a while but it happened none the less.
The 49ers improved to 10-4 on the season and inched one step closer to the playoffs. Colin Kaepernick played one of his best games all season. He finished the day 19 of 29 for 203 yards and 2 touchdowns. His 52 yard touchdown pass to Vernon Davis was a thing of beauty. Frank Gore had 22 carries for 86 yards and put him over the 1,000 yard mark (1017) for the 7th time in his 9 year career.
On the other side of the ball the defense kept the Bucs in check, there were two drives where they had the fans sweating, but in the end they did their job. They held the Bucs offense to a total of 183 net yards. Sacked Mike Glennon four times and Eric Reid intercepted Glennon late to end the game.
The 49ers head to their final game at the Stick next Monday Night against the Falcons. The 49ers can make the playoffs today, but only if the Cardinals lose to the Titans.
- This is the 3rd consecutive season where the 49ers have won 10 or more games.
- Frank Gore had 86 yards, which put him over 1000 yards for the 7th time.
- Jim Harbaugh now has 34 wins which is the best for a coach through their first 3 seasons.
- If Cards lose to Titans the 49ers are in the playoffs and if the Jets beat the Panthers the 49ers will holding the 5th seed.
- Vernon Davis caught his 52nd career touchdown.
- Michael Crabtree caught a touchdown today, which now gives Boldin, Davis and Crabtree as the only players with receiving touchdowns.