The 49ers beat the Cardinals 23-20 on a game winning field goal by Phil Dawson and finished the season with a record of 12-4 and the 5th seed in the playoffs. Minutes before the end of the game against the Cardinals, the Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears to win the NFC North and the 4th seed. The 49ers will travel to Green Bay next weekend. Not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday.
The 49ers came out of the gate playing their asses off going up 17-0. Anquan Boldin had 6 receptions for 106 yards and 1 touchdown in the first quarter. But like they have in the last couple games, the offense seemed to go really conservative and kept the Cardinals in the game.
The 49ers could not run the ball that well, Gore finished with 14 yards rushing and fell short of getting that 10,000 yards rushing for his career. The game had to be won by the arm of Kaepernick and he finished the day 21 of 34 for 310 yards and 2 touchdowns. At times Kaepernick struggled, but when he needed key passes he hit Boldin and Patton with time running out to get them in field goal range, where Phil Dawson connected with his 3 field goal of the game to seal the victory.
Speaking of Boldin he had a monster game. He finished the game with 9 receptions for 149 yards and 1 touchdown. I can’t thank the Ravens enough for trading him.
– Frank Gore fell 33 yards short of registering 10,000 yards for his career.
– Colin Kaepernick has become first 49ers QB with 20 passing TD in a season since 2002 (Jeff Garcia, 21).
– Colin Kaepernick has become second 49ers QB with a 3,000-yard season since 2002 (Alex Smith, 2011).
– Colin Kaepernick is 12th player in NFL history to throw for more than 3,000 yards and rush for more than 500 in season.
– NaVorro Bowman had a sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, and INT this game.