If I were to tell you Colin Kaepernick would complete six passes for 113 yards and one touchdown and that would be enough for the 49ers to beat the Texans 34-3. You would probably not believe me. Well the 49ers did just that.
The 49ers defense played great tonight. They intercepted Matt Schaub three times tonight, one by Tramaine Brock who returned it for a touchdown. Outside of the interceptions the 49ers kept the Texans offense in check.
On the other side of the ball the 49ers offense kept it on the ground. Frank Gore had 81 yards on 17 carries and one touchdown. The team had a total of 117 yards rushing.
The 49ers take on the Cardinals next week and are heading into the better part of their schedule over the next three weeks.
- Eric Reid had another strong game, almost came away with another interception.
- Outside of Anquan Boldin the 49ers still need their other receivers to step up.
- Second game in a row where the defense shutdown the opposition without Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith.
- Frank Gore does not look like a 31 year old running back.
- Safe to say Nnamdi Asomugha lost his job to Tramaine Brock.
- Ray McDonald injured his bicep. No word on how severe the injury is, hopefully not that serious. Defensive line depth could be an issue.
- Seahawks lost to the Colts to drop to 4-1, one game ahead of the 49ers.