The 49ers improved to 4-2 on the season after defeating the Arizona Cardinals 32-20. It was another high blood pressure game, but the defense along with Frank Gore and Vernon Davis got the 49ers the much needed win.
The defense put the offense in position to score early by intercepting Carson Palmer twice, but they failed to punch it in for seven and instead settled for two field goals. An early interception by Kaepernick in the endzone kept the game close.
Not until the 49ers got a sack/safety from rookie Corey Lemonier did the offense start to wake up. Kaepernick and Vernon Davis connected for 7 catches for 171 yards and two touchdowns in the first half. In the second half it was all Frank Gore. Gore rushed for 101 yards and roughly 80 of that was in the second half.
With Davis and Gore playing their asses off the game wasn’t put away until Patrick Willis forced a fumble on Larry Fitzgerald when the Cards were close to taking the lead. That play an 18 play drive sealed the victory for the 49ers late in the game.
The 49ers head to Tennessee this weekend to take on the Titans who gave the Seahawks a run for their money in Seattle.
- Corey Lemonier had a sack, safety, forced fumble and pass defensed.
- Late in the game the 49ers ripped off an 18-play, 9:32 scoring drive. (Difference maker)
- Patrick Willis stripped Larry Fitzgerald which set up that 18 play drive.
- The 49ers won three in a row, something they did not do in 2012.
- Injuries continue to hurt the defense, Glenn Dorsey went down with a hamstring injury, but hopefully doesn’t look that serious.
- Vernon Davis finished the game with 180 yards receiving.
- Eric Reid has three interceptions on the season.