Kaepernick and Boldin put on a clinic in win over Packers
First off, I would like to thank the Baltimore Ravens for giving the 49ers, Anquan Boldin. For those that didn’t get to watch the game, Boldin didn’t just have a good game. He had a phenomenol game. Boldin finished the game with 13 receptions for 208 yards and one tochdown. It wasn’t just the receiving yards, he came up big time when the team needed a key first down. Just the thought of what the offense can become when Crabtree and Manningham come back. Wow.
Boldin wasn’t the only one who had an amazing game. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick showed everyone that he isn’t just a read option running quarterback. He can always throw the crap out of the ball. It seemed obvious that since the Packers talked up so much about stopping read option that Harbaugh and Roman would abandon it and let Kap throw.
Kap finished the day 27 of 39 for 412 yards and 3 touchdowns. He was the second 49ers QB with 400 Pass yds, 3 TD, 0 interceptions in game since 1960, joining Joe Montana, who did it twice. Also Kap became the fifth QB in Super Bowl era to throw for at least 400 yards, with 3 TD/0 interceptions in an opener.
With all that said, it wasn’t nothing but roses. Aaron Rodgers had lots of time to throw and at times he was picking apart the secondary. It is still early and a work in progress but the secondary needs help outside Tarell Brown and rookie Eric Reid. Speaking of Eric Reid his play today made no one miss Dashon Goldson. He got his first career interception and came up with some big hits.
The 49ers can’t get too comfortable after this hard fought win, this weekend they head into Seattle which should be another hell of a ball game.
- Aldon Smith recorded two sacks, he is now on pace for 32.
- The only way to stop Justin Smith is to hold him every play.
- Eric Reid got his first career interception, against Aaron Rodgers. Welcome to the NFL.
- I’m convinced the 49ers don’t get calls in their favor cause Harbaugh pisses off the refs, which I have no issue with.
- Phil Dawson hasn’t won me over yet.
- Teams should be very afraid of this 49ers offense. They can beat you in the air and on the ground.
- Kap and Vernon Davis have their chemistry clicking.