Frank Gore Runs 49ers to Victory over Rams
Frank Gore got his touches and he made the Rams pay. Gore rushed 20 times for 153 yards and one touchdown. See what happens when you give Gore the ball Roman.
The 49ers offense started rough, but once Frank got the ball rolling, Kaepernick gained some confidence. Kapeernick’s numbers were not outstanding but he threw for two touchdowns and didn’t turn the ball over. He got that confidence from his man receiver Anquan Boldin who had five catches for 90 and one touchdown.
On the other side of the ball the 49ers defense shut down the Rams. Led by NaVorro Bowman the 49ers defense allowed 188 total yards, sacked Bradford 5 times and had two takeaways. They did that without Patrick Willis or Aldon Smith. You gotta give the defense credit, they shut down the Rams offense and didn’t give them a chance to get into this game.
There was one scary moment in this game, with just under two minutes left, left tackle Joe Staley went down with what looked like a serious injury. Early word is it looks like Staley may be okay.
Joe Staley walks OK as he exits X-ray room. Could be good sign http://t.co/7Pmo8C53x0
— Cam Inman (@CamInman) September 27, 2013
The 49ers face the Houston Texans at home in ten days. Those ten days are going to be big. It will give the team time to rest up, get healthy. Hopefully in those ten games Roman doesn’t forget what he has in Frank Gore.
- NaVorro Bowman had 6 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble.
- Ahmad Brooks had 7 tackles, 1.5 sack.
- Gore got his 14th rushing touchdown against the Rams. Most ever against the Rams in Super Bowl Era.
- Vernon Davis had a somewhat quiet game, but did score one touchdown coming off injury when he wasn’t 100%.
- Harbaugh said it looks like they dodged a bullet on Staley’s injury.
- Kendall Hunter had 49 yards rushing a nice 29 yard TD run and he looks to have more burst coming off that achilles injury.
- The Rams had a total of 18 yards rushing.