Domination in Arizona. 49ers win 24-3
The 49ers went into Arizona in prime time and dominated their division rival 24-3. The 49ers all around embarrassed the Cardinals.
The 49ers head into their bye week at 6-2 up two games in the West and now at 2-0 in the division. Outside of taking some sacks he should not have, Alex Smith had a solid outing. It should be noted that when he finally got the bandage/tape off his middle finger he came out and went 18 for 19, 232 yards and 3 touchdowns. Two touchdowns to Michael Crabtree (5 catches for 72 yards) and Randy Moss who at 38 made fools out of the Cardinals secondary. Speaking of Crabtree, he owned Patrick Peterson. Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter combined, ran for 98 yards on 26 carries.
On the defensive side of the ball the defense abused the Cardinals. John Skelton was sacked four times. Twice by Aldon Smith and one a piece for Ahmad Brooks and NaVorro Bowman. The front seven shut down the running game by allowing only 7 total yards rushing. The secondary again played well, Dashon Goldson laid out Early Doucet and Chris Culliver made multiple great plays.
- QB Alex Smith had more pass attempts (19) with only 1 incompletion than any player in NFL history in a single game. Finished the game with a 94.7 completion percentage.
- Alex Smith’s 94.7 completion percentage is the highest w/a minimum of 15 pass attempts in NFL history.
- Cardinals LaRod Stephens-Howling has 8 carries for 6 yards with a long of 11.
- 49ers defense has not given up a touchdown in 4 of their last 5 games.
- The 7 yards rushing the Cardinals had was their worst since 1953.
- The 49ers are now 19-5 under Harbaugh.
- Cardinals are 1-6 in last 7 against 49ers.