What We Learned: Redskins vs 49ers
For the second straight week the 49ers overcame a double digit deficit to win the game. Amazing the turnaround this team made this season under Mike Singletary. If Nolan were still there none of those victories would have happened. With this victory Mike Singletary becomes the first coach with a winning record since Mariucci and Shaun Hill puts up the best QB rating since Garcia back in 2001. It’s unfortunate that they missed the playoffs by just a couple wins, that Cardinals game in particular. Oh well, we can now see this team lock up Singletary and hopefully they somehow retain Martz and carry what they have done this season into next. So now let’s see what we learned after the come from behind win against the Redskins.
- Justin Smith was a great signing and since Singletary took over he has shined.
- Shaun Hill sucks in the 3rd quarter, but is money in all the rest.
- Deshaun Foster had another quality game with Gore still nursing his injury.
- Gore is the first runningback in 49ers history to rush for 1,000 three consecutive years.
- Chilo Rachal was a great draft pick and the offensive line has improved dramatically over the last nine games.
- Josh Morgan and Jason Hill are going to be great to watch for years to come.
- Takeo Spikes needs to be re-signed.
- Allen Rossum needs to be re-signed.
- JT O’Sullivan doesn’t need to be re-signed.
- Everyone knows Mark Roman sucks and he showed it again today, by missing a sack and getting hurt in the process.