What We Learned: Jets at 49ers
The 49ers won their second game in a row under Mike Singletary and also for the second week in a row played spoiler. After winning all aspects of the game against the Jets, the Yorks need to remove the interim title at head coach and lock Singletary up now. Also while they are at it, give Martz any amount of money they can to keep him OC for years to come. Here is what else we learned after the 49ers 24-14 victory over the Jets.
- Before the game the 49ers lathered themselves in butter, five fumbles on the day.
- I love Shaun Hill. He may not be pretty, but he gets the job done.
- Shaun Hill > Brett Favre (well at least today.)
- Brad Smith still has no idea where he is at after getting drilled by Patrick Willis.
- On the touchdown callback to Delanie Walker, Joe Staley did his best Kwame Harris impersonation.
- Jim Nance will never be able to pronounce David Baas’ name. He said Rose, Base, Boze and then some.
- Even though the 49ers scored without Gore in the lineup, it was still apparent they need him in the game.
- Singletary > Nolan. Singletary 3-3, Nolan 2-5.
- It was beautiful watching Brett Favre emotionless on the sidelines, over and over again.
- The secondary did a great job shutting down the Jets receivers, despite Nate Clements inactive. Cotchery/Coles combined for 2 catches 15 yards.
- The offensive line likes Shaun Hill more than they do JT O’Sullivan.
- Who is this Kris Jenkins I keep hearing about.
- Jason Hill is the future at wide receiver.
- Manusky does much better job with defense when he is on the sidelines.
- Isaac Bruce is so clutch.
- Seven weeks ago we would have never seen these numbers. TOP: SF 39:49 - NYJ 20:11, SF 375 total yards – NYJ 182 total yards