What We Learned: 49ers @ Rams
Edit: Below is what I wrote with about 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter. And reading everything below, most of it hasn’t changed to much, but let me edit by saying for 54 minutes the team played like crap, but in six minutes they changed a lot. Oh and I love Josh Morgan. Funny how things can change in a matter of moments.
Embarrassing about sums it up. The 49ers went into St. Louis and fell flat. One of the first games under Singletary where the team was not prepared to play. After this game I’m sure management will think long and hard if both Shaun Hill and Singletary are the answers. I know I would. Here is what we learned after the piss poor performance the 49ers put up today.
- Shaun Hill did his best JT O’Sullivan impersonation.
- Vernon Davis can’t hold onto the ball even when he catches it.
- Battle of the day was Donnie Jones vs. Andy Lee.
- Shaun Hill just signed an endorsement with Campbell’s Noodle Soup at halftime.
- I miss Frank Gore.
- The defensive line can’t get pressure for anything against one of the worst lines in the NFL.
- After this game Shaun Hill shouldn’t be handed the starting job next season.
- After this game Mike Singletary shouldn’t be handed the head coaching job.
- The Dome’s blustery winds were to much of a factor in Hill’s passes.
- Singletary probably dropped more than his pants at halftime.