Did you Know? Jamie Martin
All signs are pointing to Jamie Martin signing and filling the void left by Alex Smith’s injury. Martin is flying in today for a physical and if he passes, he’ll sign. For those that are unfamiliar with Jamie Martin we figured we’d share with you a little Did you Know.
- Middle name is Blane
- He led his team to the California Interscholastic Federation championship in 1987.
- He is an Aquarius
- He was named to the First Team All-Big Sky Conference in 1990.
- Brett Favre, John Carney, and Jeff Feagles are the only other current NFL players older than him.
- He once threw for seven touchdowns against powerhouse Eastern Washington.
- He was not drafted, signed a free agent contract with Rams in 1993.
- His first pass attempt in a Jags uniform was a 67-yard touchdown against powerhouse Detroit.
- He has blue eyes
- He isn’t a close friend of John Brodie’s so he will not wear #12.
- He tore his ACL in his first career NFL start.
- He won the Walton Payton Award in 1991.
- He has 3 of 5 vowels in his first name.
- He can say that he played for both the Los Angeles and St Louis Rams.
- He has never been a contestant on the ‘Bachelor.’
- Chiefs beat the Vikings in SB IV the year he was born.
- He was alive when gas was 0.36 cents a gallon