Posted July 28, 2008 by Niner Pundit in News
Training Camp Updates
We’ll try and do our best to post tidbits taken from numerous sources and post them here.
- If season were to start today, Jeff Ulbrich would be the starter at the “Ted”
- Alex Smith had a rough start until Martz reminded him to bend his knees. After that Smith
- finished the 11 on 11 drills with 11 of 14 passes with one TD and one interception.
- Hill was 9 of 14 with one TD.
- Jonas Jennings and Eric Heitmann continue to impress during the one-on-one pass rush drills.
- According to Nolan competition is close at fullback between Moran Norris and Zak Keasey.
- Smith worked with first unit in the morning, Hill in the afternoon. Teamwork passing session. Smith was 5 for 8, 1 INT. Hill was 6 for 8.
- Damane Duckett filled in at LT for injured Staley and Jennings was a RT where he looked really good in one on one drills.
- First team defense to step on the field: Justin Smith and Manny Lawson at outside linebacker, and a line that featured RE Ray McDonald, NT Ronald Fields and LT Isaac Sopoaga.
- Out with injuries: David Baas (torn pec) and Aubrayo Franklin (calf) both will be put on the PUP list. Joe Staley is sidelined with an infected bug bit on his foot.
Source: Matt Maiocco, Matt Barrows