Posted July 23, 2008 by Niner Pundit in News
Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, The Niner Fan
ESPN the Magazine has an article out talking about a Saudi Prince who loves fantasy football, and just happens to be a 49ers fan. Thought the article was interesting and here are a few highlights of where the 49ers are mentioned.
- He’s wearing exercise pants, soccer sandals and a gray shirt with a 49ers logo on the breast. A 49ers hat, red and crisp, sits next to his chair.
- He thinks his company can double in size over the next four years. After that, he says, “watch out, 49ers.” He wants to own a sports team, and his favorite NFL franchise tops the list.
- The first NFL game Prince Abdullah saw was Super Bowl XVI, in 1982, 49ers vs. Bengals, at a hotel in Paris. He’s been a Niners fan ever since.
- His team names are Saudi 49er and Saudi Niners. He also competes anonymously in American leagues, accumulating titles with team names like Steve Young and John Taylor.
- The Prince thinks a lot about management tactics and strategy. His 49ers all-time MVP is former owner Eddie DeBartolo. “Not Joe Montana,” he says. “It starts with the owner, because if he wants to win—look at the Browns and Bengals.